Friday, October 17, 2008

Last Minute Elegant Table Setting



Hello everyone I know it has been way too long since I have posted in my journal. For the last 3 months I have been traveling like crazy, I went to India, Bali, Jakarta, Paris, London, Milan, The Maldives, Iceland, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar!

It was absolutely amazing and I have tons to share with you.

Today I wanted to share this elegant table setting I made using items I found in my flat with you. I had to pull this together last minute when our plans suddenly changed from dinner out to dinner at my house in 30 minutes!



I rummaged my cabinets and found various shaped vases and decanters that doubled for vases. Decantors come in such interesting shapes I love the way flowers look in them. The trick to making this look pulled together and elegant is making it monochromatic. As you can see I used all white flowers with green accents.





If you have any flowers left over create a napkin detail to really impress your guests.



I happened to have some crystals in a drawer that I added for an extra pop.




There always seems to be last minute affairs right around the holiday's so take a look in your cabinets and see what you could create just in case...
Related Posts with Thumbnails