Friday, December 14, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

In the spirit of the holiday season, I thought I would showcase some of my favorite gifts. Some of these are presents I picked out for my friends this year. Some of them are things I have received in years past, and love. And a few of them are gifts that I am hoping someone will get me this year!

This fun and clever cheese plate is from Williams-Sonoma. An editor friend of mine gave it to me a few years ago, and I bring it out every time I entertain. For informal parties, I've filled this platter with a variety of cheeses and used it as the centerpiece on my table.

I fell in love with this lamp at the MoMA Design Store. I think it is so elegant, and its delicate nature really makes it special. It creates the warm glow you want to achieve in every room of your house. I am planning on giving this to my sister, but it has been really hard to not open the box and keep it for myself!





This is a must have for your holiday parties! Get two and use them as salt and pepper mills on your table. I love the natural shape and the paired down color. I adore all of Ted Muehling's designs- he has a unique ability to use simple elements to create breathtakingly beautiful objects. This breathtakingly beautiful object is available at Rose and Radish.This table runner makes a great gift any time of year, but especially at Christmas when people are entertaining nonstop. You can find it at Dwell Studio. I bought it for my Art Director who is always having people over, and he absolutely loves it! The muted palate makes it very versatile, and you can dress it up or down with other decor elements for any occasion. I love the sophistication that table runners bring to the whole room!

I love love love this! It is an oil lamp shadow projector. There are a number of different designs available at AdamFrank. I like the idea of buying multiples and creating an enchanted forest in your apartment. I think this could work great for creating a sexy, romantic evening for two or a fantastical cocktail party for 20. I hope to find a couple under my tree. Hint hint hint....
Related Posts with Thumbnails