Friday, November 30, 2007

Frames

We were doing a photo shoot in our studio last week and I wanted to come up with something a little more exciting than the typical pipe and drape backdrop. I had one of our craftsmen create faux walls which we covered with fabric printed to look like wallpaper. I love the look of multiple, mismatched picture frames that have been all over home magazines. I wanted to play with that look, so we took the glass out of most of the frames and hung shelves inside. We put candles on the shelves so the whole wall would glow! I am not suggesting that you drill holes in your dining room walls, but rather that you keep in mind the backdrop and the look of the whole room when you are entertaining. Switch things up in your home to create a more festive atmosphere: move the furniture around, put winter scenes or beautiful spreads from magazines in all your frames for the night, and don't forget to fill the room with candles!
Related Posts with Thumbnails