Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gift Ideas

With Thanksgiving out of the way, all that is left to do before the winter holidays is to shop! When I did my book party in January, our theme was (obviously) "inspiration". My first thought was Michelangelo's legendary ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. So we had a little fun with the famous image, and this is what we came up with for the invitation!To follow through with the heavenly imagery, we had four angels greeting guests when they arrived at the party. Their wings crafted out of black feathers by Martin Izquierdo- who does the wings for the Victoria's Secret fashion shows- were each three feet wide and at least five feet tall. They offered everyone a glass of champagne. Angels indeed! I love taking the idea of a welcome cocktail and making it more of a statement! While we were researching giveaways for the party, my team came across these:Although called the Bird's Wing Dish, I could not help but see this as a beautiful sculpture of an angel wing! Created by Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg, and available for purchase through Rose and Radish, this is at the top of my wish list!
Related Posts with Thumbnails