Friday, November 16, 2007

Work in Progress

With Thanksgiving coming up next week, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my staff for their support and dedication. I am continually amazed by their commitment and enthusiasm. This week, everyone has been hard at work setting up an event we are doing on Sunday. To give you an idea of the prep work that goes into one of our parties, here is a shot from our workspace yesterday. All the flowers have been cleaned, trimmed, and put in buckets. As you can see in the background, we are starting to assemble the centerpieces. All these flowers spent last night in the cooler, and they are going back in there tonight to keep them fresh for the weekend.
The centerpieces I designed are a bouquet of peonies and orchids placed on top of a sculptured floral pedestal. We carved the shapes out of Styrofoam and then attached button mums to the entire stand. The areas that are empty in the photo below will be adorned with a ring of roses to match the base. I love the texture and richness that the mums create, and I cannot wait to see the whole room once it starts to come together! I will let you guys know how it goes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails