Friday, September 28, 2007

Indian Summer Table

This is one of my favorite times of year! I love when the weather starts to get a little cooler, and the colors get warmer! Growing up in Panama, we had two seasons- summer and rain. I will never forget my first fall here in New York City. Those warm, inviting colors continue to inspire my designs. As much as I love fall, it is always sad to see summer end, and I try to throw one last bash while the weather is warm! This year the party was such a hit, everyone was asking me how they could do it at home. So I created this table for "Entertaining on a Budget":
Sunflowers are a great transition flower- I think they embody the spirit and color of both seasons. The other great thing about sunflowers is that they are about $1 each, and are large enough to make a statement without having to use too many. Echoing the palette of the sunflowers, I used yellows and golds with fresh green accents to make the table pop. You will notice that I repeated a couple of simple elements again and again to create a cohesive look on the table.
Related Posts with Thumbnails