Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last Minute Christmas Décor Tips


It’s almost the big day! Here are some last minute ideas for your Christmas decorating:

Tip #1: I always suggest having at least one dramatic statement. I think a great one for Christmas would be to get a small Christmas tree and put it right in the center of your dining table (similar to what we did in the picture above). And instead of covering it with ornaments I would use white orchids to decorate it.

Tip #2: Christmas lights are always fun to work with. I like using all white ones and using them in a non-traditional way. For example they could be your window or wall décor. You could string them up and down a window in very straight lines to make sure it doesn’t look messy

Tip #3: Around the holidays smells always bring us back to childhood. I like to mix cinnamon sticks, cloves, all spice, and nutmeg all together and put into a pot of boiling water so when my guests arrive the first thing that hits them is that comforting smell.

Tip #4: I love Christmas wreaths but not to hang on my door. They are great as the base of a vase or a large hurricane votive holder.

Do you have any tips to share? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love to decorate my kitchen window, I have a beautiful view and company always seem to gravitate towards this room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails