Friday, October 23, 2009

A Little Bit of Jazz



Last night, I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Theo Bleckmann play at the Neue Galerie. The performance was sold out and even though he's my partner, I gave up my seat and joined the standing room. I know I may be a little biased, but he is one of the best jazz vocalists around. Even now, when I see him perform, his amazing voice still brings me to tears.



The crowd definitely loved him too. They kept asking for more encores. It was a terrific night, and if you happen to be in New York City, you should check out his solo show coming up. It will be on November 19 at Roulette: 20 Greene Street in Soho. Check out his website for more details.



Photos courtesy of John Spiral and Amanda Stockwell. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails