Friday, May 9, 2008

Recent Travels

Hello everyone! Sorry it has been so long since my last post- I have been traveling for work which I am excited to tell you about

First destination Jakarta, Indonesia.
This was my first time to Jakarta and it is amazing! The people are so incredibly nice, the food is out of this world and the ladies are extremely fashionable not to mention drop dead gorgeous.

My team and I stayed at the Dharmawangsa Hotel which is an absolute luxury. The smell of fresh jasmine lingers through the entire hotel becasue they have it everywhere - below is an image of the jasmine in my room. As you can see the jasmine they have there is completely different than what we usually get in the states.




They also have these vibrant fruits int the hotel - my team and I had never seen them before but loved the way the looked.

My room was fabulous I wanted to magically pack it up and take it home with me. This boutique hotel is a must if you are ever in Indonesia and want to be treated like royalty. We actually stayed a day longer then scheduled because none of us wanted to leave.
http://www.the-dharmawangsa.com/


I went to Jakarta for 2 reasons one to launch Preston Bailey Asia and secondly an opportunity came up where I was able to collaborate with my new favorite designer
BIYAN! You must all check him out his collections are pieces of art!
http://www.biyan.com/


It is Biyan’s 25th anniversary in the business and to celebrate this milestone we threw the fashion show of a lifetime. It was Marie Antoinette inspired as you can see. The models actually walked down a wedding cake onto the runway which was an extravagant dinner table.




anbout 1,500 people came to the show and you could hear their gasps as each wedding dress came down the runway.



what did I tell you they are stunning gowns!




Here I am with Biyan on the left and the fabulous Editor-In-Chief of Harper's Bazaar Indonesia, like I said so chic!




After Jakarta it was off to London for the Covent Garden Spring Renaissance Launch.
As I am sure you all know Covent Garden is one of the most famous flower markets, understandably I was very excited about this opportunity.
I decided a good way to represent Spring would be through a living sculpture and of something that represents renewal and beauty, which to us is peacocks.

I do floral sculptures all the time for my clients and they are always a hit so I thought it would so fun to do a public sculpture, but make it out of all potted plants so it was living and would last and grow for a month.

Here I am checking on my birds!






Here is a close up of the potted flowers, I cant wait to see what they look like in a month!




I loved watching people interact with the sculptures- especially this little guy






I am very excited about the doing more public installations in the future I will keep you all posted.

In London we stayed in the Covent Garden Hotel – another beautiful boutique hotel with customer service like I have never seen and a wonderful tea service.
http://www.firmdale.com/index.php?page_id=9


Related Posts with Thumbnails