Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DIY - You can "Do it yourself"

I love designing table setting. Whether the event is large or small it is the one place where people can gather. I enjoy designing tables that are full of visual layers - the details in the napkins, the placemats, the candles, the tableware, and, of course, the tall centerpiece.

Apart from designing for my clients, one of my greatest joys is empowering people to do it themselves. I am always so honored when people come up to me and tell me that they recreated one of my designs for their event. Still, some opt not to create their own table setting because they fear that they do not have the skills or that these statements have to cost a fortune, and include the most expensive flowers, linen, and tableware. It just isn’t true.

In my new book, "Celebrations," I have a chapter dedicated to making simple to challenging table settings using only the most cost effective materials and natural elements. I hope that this chapter inspires all of you DIYers out there to go for it. Here is one of the table settings, the one I call the Wedding Bell:












The beauty of this table and what makes it cost effective is that most of the wonderful layers and details are done with paper.

To further inspire you to create your own table setting, I am going to provide on Monday, April 6th a complete how-to guide and resource manual for you to create the Wedding Bell. There will be a modest cost for the manual because I will only send out 1,000 copies. If you are interested and would like to reserve your copy, please email us at diy@prestonbailey.com with your name, address, email address and telephone number.

Forever Inspired,

Preston
Related Posts with Thumbnails