Monday, March 10, 2008

Paris


I am so sorry I have been MIA for the last month! I have been traveling which I am going to tell you all about starting with my favorite city PARIS. I went to Paris to visit with a lovely Princess to discuss an upcoming event. Mum is the word on that for the moment.


I was lucky enough to be able to stay at the Ritz for the duration of my stay. They are in the process of a renovation and I cant wait to see the results. If you are lucky enough to visit this beautiful city be sure to check out the Ritz; it is the ultimate destination for luxury. I was really impressed with their extraordinary customer service. I arrived early my room was not ready, so they arranged a complimentary massage for me while I waited. How fantastic is that!

While in Paris I attended The Swarovski Paris Bridal Event. http://www.swarovski.com/

The exhibit was breath taking and inspiring. For all you brides to be out there I have to tell you about one of my favorite pieces, as crystal-beaded bridal gown by Monique Lhuillier. http://www.moniquelhuillier.com/
I’ve always been a big fan of her work. She is a pure genius when it comes to tailoring to a woman’s body, her dresses are art!







While strolling through enchanting installations the funniest thing happened
A very lovely fan ran up to me screaming “ Colin Cowie, Colin Cowie! I have all your books I am such a huge fan!”
I almost fell over I was laughing so hard and to be honest I think some of my employees did!
She was a very sweet girl and it turned out she was a fan of mine as well as Colin’s. Needless to say, she was mortified, but I assured her I was flattered all the same and we all had a good laugh. Since I have returned home I have told this story to almost everyone and it has been a hit. Mistaken identity has its perks, though; this charming young lady sent me a wonderful surprise gift when I got back home.


Pret-a-Porter was also underway during my trip, and as I am sure you can imagine it doesn’t get better than Fashion Week in Paris. I love going to Couture shows; the art and glamour of fashion is awe inspiring. http://www.pretparis.com/

Paris is a city full of inspiration included are some of the photos I took while exploring the city. You can find inspiration everywhere you look. Here are a sample of some of my inspiration images.




Don't forget to check me out on one of my favorite websites for weddings! InStyle Weddings!
http://www.instyleweddings.com/weddings/gallery/0,,20168858_20385958,00.html
Related Posts with Thumbnails