Friday, March 28, 2008

Garden Party on the 16th Floor





Last Sunday I had very small intimate Easter dinner. For my party I kept it simple and casual, I wanted my guests to feel at home in their surrounding and linger for long hours of laughter.





I planted hyacinth bulbs in moss covered oasis for my window decor, I like that these have a different aesthetic than regular ceramic pots.
I have a fabulous New York City view so I did not want to put anything too large that would block it.











I covered the rest of my flat in white and blue hydrangea, to create that feeling of a garden party.



A gracious guest brought over these adorable Easter cookies for everyone, which I quickly snatched up made them into my napkin décor. Don't be afraid to be spontaneous it ususally works out to your benefit, as it did here for me.





For appetizers I served shrimp and more shrimp, fine hummus, and spicy guacamole.

The main course was lamb, chicken and mango glazed pork ribs, julienne carrots, fancy potatoes, string beans with almonds, and a variety of gourmet breads.

The star of the show was dessert of course!
We had cupcake spread consisting of cupcakes from 3 of my favorite places in the city ( yes 3), Billy’s, Magnolia, and Cupcake Bakery.

On top of that we also had banana pudding, truffles, chocolates and pralines oh my!


Here I am serving my guests a refreshing tropical smoothies with coconut milk, orange and lime juice. I always have fresh fruit smoothies at my dinner parties it is a great pick me up.





We also had 2 types of cider which were a total hit! They are definitely not traditional but trust me just as delicious!


Wassail
1/2 gallon apple cider
15 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice.

This is good without the pineapple juice and orange juice too. Put everything in a pot and bring to a simmer ( don't let it boil)

Spicy Cider
I am not crazy, this is good and definitely unexpected.
1/2 gallon apple cider
about 5 Serrano chilies

Put them in a pot and bring to a simmer. If you add a little lemon juice you will have Hot and Sour Cider.

Finally to set the right relaxed mood we listened to Madredeus and Jorge Drexler, perfect with our NYC backdrop.


Related Posts with Thumbnails